Monday, November 9, 2009

Can You Tell Me How to Get....?

... How to Get to Sesame Street?

Yes, that's right, it's the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street! (Heh, thanks Google.)
I LOVE Sesame Street so today instead of writing a paper, I applied colored wax to paper in honor of it all.


[I'm the one in the yellow sweater]

Aka I, Christine L. Roberts the 20 year old, own and use a Sesame Street coloring book. Yes'm, you heard me. AND i AM NOT ASHAMED!  :D So there.

My Sesame Street obsession was birthed when I bought my best friend Shelby a stuffed Bert for 75 cents at a thrift store and we decided at random that I was like Ernie and she was like Bert.

Through the months and years it grew and matured, and we both accumulated more Sesame Street jokes, stories, and belongings.


[see? she even has red on her... Bert's nose, anyone?]

Why, you ask? Well let me put it this way...
  • Ernie has a round face and Bert has an oval one.
  • Ernie is always joking around while Bert is more cynical.
  • They are just really good friends, but some people might wrongly perceive them as gay.
  • They are still friends, even when they become way older adults.
  • Ernie is short; Bert is tall.
  • Ernie is immature but Bert is responsible.
Aww, hooray for Sesame Street! I could go on further, but I don't want to bore you or anything!

So I will leave you with this extremely creepy attempt at dressing up as Bert and Ernie for Halloween. I don't know these people, but Shelby found this on a random Google search last year.


[bffs <3]

See you later, alligators!


5 comments:

  1. This is incredible. I LOOOOOVE the happy birthday spread! All those years Sesame Street was around... just so we could make an obsession out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS THERE WHEN YOU COLORED THIS

    honored.

    also, if i was a child, i would very much envy your coloring skills. i was never good at it, and i was always surrounded by people who made the pictures look so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and the bendy word verification word i just had to type so my previous comment could be posted was "ovalora."

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all colored a lot when you guys were little :D

    Good memories!

    I remember you were obsessed with Sesame Street. It was on 3 times a day and we watched it as often as we could!

    "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell which one is not like the other, by the time I finish this song?"

    you always could!! hahaha I know every old SS song!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think Sesame Street WAS invented for us.

    Hehehe, "ovalora" nice, oddly provocative word.

    Still love coloring ;).

    I'm really good at telling which thing is not like the other. REALLY good.
    Hahhaha, glad you still know all the songs!

    ReplyDelete