Monday, June 14, 2010

No Summer Omelettes

So, remember how I had that mind-numbing factory job every summer? (Cough, cough... I folded omelettes). Thought I'd be going back to it soon this summer, right? Me too.

But they didn't take me back! So now, in desperation, I am looking for a job--ANY JOB--willing to hire a college student for the summer. Let me tell you, this is not a piece of cake, nor is it pie.

[oh, the bitter agony of the classifieds]

For the time being, I am involved in some racket delivering phone books. I get 30 cents per house delivered to. No compensation for gas or putting them all into bags with advertisements though.
Yay.

[a lovely car full of things people don't use anymore]

So I guess my stories will come from a different occupation this summer. Or... for the next few weeks anyway.

1 comment:

  1. When you talked about your van full of phonebooks to me, I pictured happily stacked yellow pages, ready and excited to adorn the steps of a hopeful home.

    However this pile reminds me of the piles of bodies in Schindler's List.

    ReplyDelete